Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Frozen chicken breast in the pressure cooker recipe

The experiment:

Four frozen chicken breasts
One head (12 cloves) garlic, sliced
Olive Oil

I put some olive oil (probably about a Tbsp) in the cooker, sliced garlic into the olive oil, and heated until the garlic is transparent. Then I tossed in the frozen chicken breast, right out of the freezer (I actually had to thaw them for 1 minute in the microwave to get them out of the package).  They were stuck in sections of two chicken breasts each.  I added about a cup of water.

I heated on high until the weight started rocking, then turned it down a tad.  After 21 minutes, I looked at the clock, realized that they had probably been in way too long, and took them off.  I put the cooker under cool running water to drop the pressure fast, and then opened it up.

Total time taken
23 minutes.  But it really should take under 20, it was overdone.

How'd it work?
Yep, they were a bit overdone and a bit dry.  Not terribly, but they crumbled somewhat when I wanted to cube them.  Next time, try 16 minutes or so.

1 comment:

  1. I love experimenting with my stove top pressure cooker which is a 6 qt. Presto. Made dry beans,no soaking and made a soup. It was terrific.

    ReplyDelete